#Armenia and #Azerbaijan agree on a new humanitarian truce

| |

Spread the love

 Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Jeyhun Bayramov agreed on a new humanitarian ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh, it will begin to operate from 08:00 local time (7:00 Moscow time) on October 26, according to a joint US communique published on the website of the State Department, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.

According to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the parties to the conflict have pledged their readiness to observe a humanitarian truce.

“The foreign ministers Mnatsakanyan Bayramov and assured its readiness to implement and abide by the truce, which comes into force at midnight (US time – IF),” – wrote he tweeted.

The communique of the US State Department also notes that Yerevan and Baku have reaffirmed their “commitment to the observance of the humanitarian truce reached in Moscow on October 10″.

This is the third attempt by the parties to the Karabakh conflict to agree on a truce. Two previous agreements were broken less than an hour after the ceasefire entered into force.

Meanwhile, the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (USA, RF, France), as well as the foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed to hold a meeting in Geneva on October 29 to discuss, agree and implement all measures necessary for a peaceful settlement in Nagorno-Karabakh.

“During intensive discussions, the (Minsk Group) Co-Chairs and Foreign Ministers (Armenia and Azerbaijan) discussed the implementation of the humanitarian ceasefire, possible parameters for monitoring it and the possibility of starting a discussion on the foundations of a comprehensive solution in accordance with the joint statement of October 10. The Co-Chairs and Foreign Ministers The cases agreed to meet again in Geneva on October 29 to discuss and reach an agreement in accordance with the agreed timetable, “the OSCE communiqué said on Sunday.

All measures are planned to be taken in accordance with the basic principles adopted by the leadership of Azerbaijan and Armenia, the document says.

Another exacerbation of the long-term Nagorno-Karabakh conflict began at the end of September. Since then, hostilities have continued, there are casualties both among the military and among civilians, as well as losses in equipment.


Spread the love
Previous

#Biden called Russia the main threat to the United States

#Tikhanovskaya announced a “national strike” in #Belarus

Next

Leave a Comment

Adblock
detector